Saturday, May 21, 2005

China 39: Home Again Home Again

Bad Food: If you ever come to China don't go with a tour group. So far they've only given us bad Chinese food. We've gone to places reknowned for good food and ended up w/ crap. Nothing has beat Xi'an's food. I'm so GLAD to be back!

So the Shanghai trip, which actually was a tour of three cities Shanghai, Suzahou, and Hangzhou was fun, but I'm glad to be back home in Xi'an. We got back today around 9 AM on an overnight train. I've actually sort of gotten used to sleeping and living on a train, although traveling to Shanghai there was a guy that snored like a vacuum cleaner when it sucks in something it shouldn't which kept me up the whole night. We spent our time on the train making each other friendship bracelets out of silk threads we bought in Suzhou yesterday. Mine turned out to suck, it's light green, dark green, and light purple, and I couldn't tie the knots right, so I feel bad for Isaiah who recieved it. We all picked who we'd give it to out of a bag, luckily I got Christina's which isn't yet done but should be good.

Back in Xi'an I feel surprisingly good. I realized over the Shanghai trip that despite my constant claim that I love traveling, I really am usually stressed to the max whenever I travel whether it be China or anywhere else. Xi'an is home, so I'm not stressed here, but in Shanghai and stuff I found myself unusually tired the entire day and not talking much. So coming back to Xi'an I feel good. Actually I've been feeling pretty good about this entire trip to China though I'm not sure why. Besides the excess of polytriglycerides that now plump my stomach, I think I'm on my way to enjoying my pursuit for happiness.

Wow that was lame.

Xi'an is beautiful today. BRIGHT, 70's, breezy, and dry. Probably the best city to live in during the spring in China.

I haven't yet checked my email which has remained stale with news from home for a week and a half. Yet, I suppose I should check it as the time to go home a second time draws nearer. I can't wait to see my dog, Star.

Two white butterflies just flew past my 6th story window in the bright sun tumbling over one another. In China, that's a symbol of tragic love. The story is about two lovers who get separated b/c of their families or something and kill themselves but turn into butterflies and live together. Kind of like Romeo and Juliet but with a happy ending.

1 Comments:

At May 28, 2005 at 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

only looking forward to your dog? better remember who sent you to China in the first place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Number of Hits