Tuesday, May 24, 2005

China 40: 6,5,4...

Today we went to school to have a goodbye lunch where we all gave little speeches to our parents, teachers, and administrators. I kind of just made mine up on the spot and said some stuff about my family and how nice they have been to me.

I woke up around 6:00 and couldn't really get back to sleep. That's been a trend that's been happening since I got back from Shanghai. I spent the entire day today really tired. After the lunch me, Isaiah, Ian, and Edna were going to go out but when we dropped our stuff at home we had no desire to go back out. It seems like everyone is in a really weird mood. Kind of like the days leading up to exams or the SAT's when there's nothing to do but wait (or study I suppose if that's your cup of tea). It's like a boredom where you can't go to sleep or anything but don't feel like doing anything. We watched Harold and Kumar Go to Whitecastle but I fell asleep half way through b/c it was my 3rd time watching it.

I've started packing and that's going well although I have no idea how much my bag weighs which could end up being a problem.

I'm not really sure if I'm excited about going home or not, yet. I guess the fact that it's approaching has caused me to lose out on some sleep but I'm really bad at identifying my emotional reasoning for this. My allergies keep acting up too, so Gaelen keeps thinking my teary, red eyes are my distress over leaving. I must admit it sucks to already be getting emails about coming home. I already am beginning to feel a familiar social tug as plans for prom and other stuff solidify. I sort of wish noone knew when I was getting home so I could lay low for awhile. Anyway tomorrow will be my last full day in Xi'an, then off ot Beijing for awhile.

1 Comments:

At December 24, 2005 at 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

like tumbler and tipsy days hopefully we will remain in high spirits. well, good day

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Number of Hits